2020, Book, ‘More Life: two decades of Angels in America’ McFarland due for publication late 2019.
2020, Book Writer (Musical) ‘Spring in Winter’, Joshua Newman productions. Commission as book-writer for a new musical (London/Edinburgh Fringe, 2019).
2020, Playwright ‘Paper Cuts’ Matthew Frener Productions- Full-length commission for early 2019 (London).
2020, 10 Minute Musicals, Leeway Productions/Fwrnes Theatre
2020, Don’t Send Flowers, Silly Woman Production
Previously Performed Plays.
- 2019, How to Eat a Pear?, Arena Theatre, Wolverhampton (Short)
- 2019, Through the Grapevine, Arena Theatre, Wolverhampton (Short)
- 2017, Playwright, Chippy Lane Productions ‘Party Like it’s 1985.
- 2017, Playwright, Dirty Protest Theatre, ‘Where’s Our Milk Maggie
- 2017, Playwright, Spiral Theatre Company, ‘Always Tuesday’
- 2016, The Other Room, ‘Always Tuesday’
Dramaturgy (Selected works)
2020- London Playwrights Blog, Script Consultant.
2019, Falsettos, Selladoor Productions (The Other Palace)
2019- A Certain Shade of Green– Tawni O’Dell (Producer Alan Schuster)
2017- Angels in America, National Theatre (Academic Advisor) Dir. Marianne Elliott, National Theatre.
2016-2017, Freerayne Theatre, Resident Dramaturg (Various, predominantly new writing and devised work)
2015, The Unknown Theatre Company, The Normal Heart.
2013-2015, The Space Between, Resident Dramaturg (Devised work)
2012-2015, Origin Theatre Company (New York), Various productions across 2011-2012 season.
2011-2013, Black Box Productions, Resident Dramaturg (new writing/devised work)
2007-2009, RADA Young Artists, Resident Dramaturg for the new writing/new artists company
2019, Falsettos, The Other Palace/Selladoor.
Two programme essays;
‘Something bad is happening- Falesttos and the AIDS crisis’
‘Unlikely Lovers’ The Importance of Falsettos
2017, Angels in America The National Theatre.
The lead essay ‘The Angel of History’ for the 2017 production of Tony Kushner’s play directed by Marianne Elliot.
Interview for website with David Mercatali
Nation Cymru; Writing weekly Culture columns for the online publication, usually but not limited to theatre coverage.
Slate, Freelance contributor-Bisexuals Trisexuals, Homosapiens’
BBC Radio Wales, Freelance Contributor
The Stage, Theatre freelance Contributor-Alice in Wonderland- Sherman Theatre.
Wales Arts Review:
Writing for Wales Arts Review since 2015 covering theatre and art in Wales and beyond in the form of reviews and long-form critical responses.
Full listings for Wales Arts Review on my author page here
American Theatre, Writer- critical writing on American theatre in London. Author page here.
Howlround, Writer/Theatre Critic. Author page here.
My Theatre Mates A collection of reviews and essays concentrated on Cardiff theatre. Author page and full listings here
Buzz Magazine Culture writer Full Archive available here
- Immersive Fan Experience, in Everybody Hurts; Transitions, Endings and Resurrections in Fan Cultures Edited by Rebecca Williams, University of Iowa Press, 2018.
- Modernising Holmes: Location and Bringing Sherlock into the 21st Century in Sherlock Holmes in Context, edited by Sam Nadiu, 2016, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Review: How to Write About Theatre. A Manual for Critics, Students and Bloggers, TheatreForschung, May 2016.
- Review: AIDS don’t die of prejudice, in Centre for Medical Humanities, December 2015.
- ‘Frankenstein’ includes the chapter Teaching Banks: The Wasp Factory (1984) and Frankenstein (1818) in The Transgressive Iain Banks: Essays on a Writer Beyond Borders (Colebrook/Cox) McFarland, 2013.