My book ‘More Life: two decades of Angels in America’ is under contract with McFarland due for publication in 2019.
Selected employers (Writer)
2019, Slate, Freelance contributor.
2019, BBC Radio Wales, Contributor
2018, The Stage, Freelance Contributor.
Alice in Wonderland- Sherman Theatre.
Wales Arts Review:
Writing for Wales Arts Review since 2015 covering theatre and art in Wales and beyond in the form of reviews and long-form critical responses.
Full listings for Wales Arts Review on my author page here
2017, American Theatre, Writer- critical writing on American theatre in London. Author page here.
2017-present, Howlround, Writer/Theatre Critic. Author page here.
2019; Nation Cymru; Writing weekly Culture columns for the online publication, usually but not limited to theatre coverage.
Exeunt; Angels in America: A Homecoming
Buzz Magazine; Culture writer Full Archive available here
My Theatre Mates; A collection of reviews and essays concentrated on Cardiff theatre. Author page and full listings here
2019, Spring in Winter, A new musical, Revisionist Productions.
2019, Don’t Send Flowers, Clock Tower Theatre Company.
2020, Paper Cuts, Matthew Frener Productions.
2017, Party Like it’s 1985, Chippy Lane Productions.
2017, ‘Where’s Our Milk Maggie’, Dirty Protest Theatre.
2017, Always Tuesday, Freerayne Productions, Southwark Playhouse.
2016, Always Tuesday, The Other Room (Young Artists Festival).
- Immersive Fan Experience, in Everybody Hurts; Transitions, Endings and Resurrections in Fan Cultures Edited by Rebecca Williams, University of Iowa Press, 2018.
- Modernising Holmes: Location and Bringing Sherlock into the 21st Century in Sherlock Holmes in Context, edited by Sam Nadiu, 2016, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Review: How to Write About Theatre. A Manual for Critics, Students and Bloggers, TheatreForschung, May 2016.
- Review: AIDS don’t die of prejudice, in Centre for Medical Humanities, December 2015.
- ‘Frankenstein’ includes the chapter Teaching Banks: The Wasp Factory (1984) and Frankenstein (1818) in The Transgressive Iain Banks: Essays on a Writer Beyond Borders (Colebrook/Cox) McFarland, 2013.
The National Theatre
2017, Angels in America Programme.
Lead essay ‘The Angel of History’ for the 2017 production of Tony Kushner’s play directed by Marianne Elliot.
Interview for website with David Mercatali