Playwright, Academic, Dramaturg and Arts Writer/Researcher.
- Experienced Dramaturg and Literary Assistant.
- Authored first-rate essays and articles for publication, in print, and online.
- Experienced Arts Researcher; Strong knowledge and experience in audience research (Qualitative and Quantitative approaches).
- Lecturer, facilitator and PGCE qualified teacher. Available for Lecturing, arts facilitation and tutoring.
PhD, Drama, Cardiff Metropolitan University, 2015.
PGCE, Secondary History, University of Wales Institute Cardiff, 2009.
MA Text and Performance Studies (English) Kings College, University of London with Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, 2008, (Pass with Merit).
BA (Hons) American and Canadian Studies with History, University of Nottingham with study abroad at McGill University, Montreal, 2006 (2:1).
2018, Society of Theatre Research, Social Media Manager and Blog Writer (New Researcher’s Network)
- Managing social media channels for the New Researcher’s Network
- Writing content for the New Researcher’s Network Blog.
- Sourcing and editing content for the blog and website.
2016-2017, The National Theatre
- Writer; programme essay for Angels in America (2017), over 10, 000 copies sold.
- Writer: Research and writing as part of Queer Theatre Season (2017)
- Research Advisor; Angels in America, National Theatre (Dir. Marianne Elliot) 2017.
- Education facilitator; Delivering workshops to adult audiences.
2015-2017 Route 66 Theatre, Literary associate.
- Play reading and analysis to support the literary manager.
2016-2017, Team Co-Ordinator, Arts Council Wales.
- Advising on grant application and management across arts companies, dealing with wide range of arts based clients.
- Financial management of large and small-scale projects.
- General administrative support.
2015-Present, Sororitas Choir, Social Media Officer.
- Managing social media and web content for the promotion of the choir
- Video editing, website management and blog writing.
2012-2013, Programming and Literary Assistant, Origin Theatre (New York).
- Administrative support to programming and literary departments.
- Assisting with creative programming for the theatre and tours.
2017, Playwright, Chippy Lane Productions ‘Party Like it’s 1985.
2017, Playwright, Dirty Protest Theatre, ‘Where’s Our Milk Maggie’.
2017, Playwright, Spiral Theatre Company, ‘Always Tuesday’.
2016, The Other Room, ‘Always Tuesday’.
Selected employers (Writer)
2018, Sherman Theatre, Web content writer (show research, information and interviews)
2017, BBC Cymru, Blogger- opinion pieces for the BBC Cymru website.
2017, American Theatre, Writer- critical writing on American theatre in London.
2017, Howlround, Writer/Theatre Critic.
2017, The National Theatre, Programme Essay.
2016-17, National Theatre, Workshop facilitator.
Delivering workshops to adult audiences.
2015-Present, Performance Studies Lecturer, University of South Wales.
Delivering teaching across theatre and performance studies courses.
2013-Present, Workshop Facilitator
Various (WMC, Sherman Theatre & Others)
2012-2015, Education facilitator, Wales Millennium Centre.
Delivering workshops to adult, children and school audiences.
2010-2015, Performance Studies Lecturer, Cardiff Metropolitan University.
Delivering teaching across Theatre, Performance and English Literature and associated administration and management.
2010-Present, Secondary School Teacher (History, English, Drama specialist).
As short and long term supply teacher, delivering teaching to 11-18 year olds in schools.